Are you a backyard gardener?
Durable GreenBed- a wise purchase for the serious, long term gardener.
The Longest Lasting Raised Garden Bed
For You, the serious gardener, or the smart beginner.
Focus on planting and harvesting, not replacing beds every few years.
You are a gardener who is in it for the long pull. Gardening is an important part of your life and it feeds you in body, mind, and spirit. You know about the benefits of raised bed gardening, but have been stuck on ‘what do I build the beds out of ?’. We have the answer to that with Durable GreenBed raised bed garden kits. With 1 foot and 2 foot tall models, 4x4, 4x8 and 4x12 sized raised bed kits, as well as custom options, these beds make your raised bed garden easy to manage, and beautiful.
What? The best raised bed kit on the market.
Durable GreenBed raised garden bed kits are the most beautiful and unique raised beds on the market today. This is a well thought-out and engineered heavy duty product designed to stand the test of time.
Composite Won't Rot
The wall panels are made from a processed wood-chip and cement composite called Faswall, a breathable material that is capable of withstanding extreme weather changes and conditions and still look great. Tested in all climates. The walls are air permeable, but repel slugs. With good soil air circulation, yields tend to be quite high for intensive gardening, such as square foot gardening.
Sustainable, Non Toxic, Recycled
They are green, made from 100% nontoxic and highly recycled materials and will out perform any wood, plastic, or metal raised garden bed — lasting 25 years+. Made in the USA
Why Durable GreenBed?
The top 9 reasons this is the best value and best performing raised bed on the market today.
- This is the last raised bed(s) you will need to install. Most beds do not last! Or, they may last, but after a few years look very tired. Durable GreenBed will go 25+ years and look good in the process! Our raised beds will not rot, crack, peel, rust or splinter. Our wood chip-concrete composite material passed the ASTM C-666 300 cycle freeze-thaw test without cracking and breaking down. Truly a unique ideal garden bed material. More on how a Durable GreenBed compares to a traditional wood frame bed.
- NON TOXIC. Gardeners have been concerned about chemical leaching into the soil from some raised bed materials opening the possibility of the plants taking up the chemicals into the plant tissue. You will have no worries with the Durable GreenBed components. The panels are mineralized wood with Portland cement, the brackets are aluminum with a baked on cured paint, the cedar trim is finished with a bio based penetrating stain that uses a citrus oil as the pigment carrier. Harvest your plants without concern of contamination.
- BREATHABLE. Our side walls are breathable which allows for good drainage if you overwater or have abundant rain, but they don’t wick water. Water readily wicks through wood which can increase the loss of soil moisture in wood raised beds. Durable GreenBed panels no not wick water which helps in maintaining proper soil moisture resulting in less irrigation. The porous GreenBed walls also bring needed needed oxygen to the root zone. Oxygen to the root zone results in air pruning of the root tips, stimulating fine hair root development. It is the fine root hairs that bring nutrients from the soil into the plant. Gardeners using Durable GreenBed have reported better vitality in the plants when compared to other beds. This oxygen exchange to the root zone may be the reason for extra vigor.
- Our raised beds can go anywhere in your outdoor space — on your patio, over your grass, even on wood porches with proper protection. The handsome design goes with most house designs from traditional to modern and they are attractive enough for your front yard. It has been called the most attractive raised bed kit on the market.
- COMFORTABLE TOP TRIM WIDTH. Wider top trim makes a more comfortable seat at a full 3 ½” wide. Especially ideal on our 2’ high beds allowing you to sit and get back up easily.
- REPELS SLUGS. Slugs are repelled by the rougher texture of the Durable GreenBed panels keeping these voracious feeders out of your flowers and food crops.
- Quick and Easy ASSEMBLY. Whoever is going to install your Durable GreenBed will appreciate the simple steps it takes to have your bed ready to fill and plant. Most models set-up in under 1 hour provided site is prepared. Each kit comes ready to assemble. No cutting required. Even the trim is predrilled for the mounting screws. Full color step by step instruction sheet is included for easy assembly. All that you need is a level place to put the Durable GreenBed, a hammer, tape measure, a cordless drill with a ¼” nut driver and Phillips head, and a socket wrench with a ¼” socket.
- FREE Shipping on orders over $1000. Get an additional 7% off of orders over $1500, 10% off for orders over $2500, and 13% off orders of $3500 or more.
- MADE IN THE USA. Preserving good manufacturing jobs in America.
When? How about right now?
Ordering online couldn’t be simpler. Simply visit our main products page to peruse the various sizes and shapes available. You can “Add to Cart” or read more details about each garden bed kit. Discounts on multiple beds will be calculated at checkout. Please visit our Shipping and Discounts page to learn about our volume discounts.
Need a special size or a custom design raised bed? Learn more.
Where? We ship direct to your home!
You don’t need a truck to pick up materials or need to pay for costly delivery as long as you order $1000 or more. Our Durable Green Garden Bed kits will be shipped directly to your home, and set-up couldn’t be easier. All panels and trim are pre-drilled and can easily be assembled with a few simple tools you probably already own. Most owners report they have assembled their kits in an hour or less! So what are you waiting for? Start enjoying the joys and benefits of raised bed gardening without the hassle. And know that you will have years of enjoyment without having to replace your beds.
Give us a call 541.368.7935 or:
- Black Locust
These are all reasonably long lasting woods when in contact with the soil.
Cedar and Redwood sapwood can last 10+ years however it is difficult to find.
Most is second growth and not sapwood which will only last as long as fir and pine.
Black Locust, cypress and juniper can go 6-10 years but is regionally available, not widely distributed.
Widely available fir and pine is suitable but only expect 5 years or less before structural failure.
Cedar and redwood are naturally water-resistant but can be expensive and hard to find. Hemlock, fir and pine are suitable materials for raised beds but aren't very long-lasting.
Do NOT use treated lumber or railroad ties.
They contain toxic chemicals that will leach into your garden.